How to Report a Cellular Service Issue

Northwestern IT continues to remediate cellular service as problem areas are identified and funds are allocated.

To report a cellular service problem inside a building, please email the IT Support Center at (preferred) or call (847) 401-4357 (1-HELP) and include the following information:

  1. Cellular service provider used (AT&T, T-Mobile, Verizon or Sprint);
  2. Manufacturer and model of phone used, and age of phone;
  3. Building and room number where the problem occurs;
  4. Problem being experienced, e.g., have bars but can’t receive calls, or dropped calls, etc.
  5. Approximate time frame when problem began.
  6. Lastly:
    • Please also turn off Wi-Fi, then try and do a data session (YouTube, etc.) to see if you can stream video.
      • Did the video work?
      • Please now try to make a phone call with Wi-Fi off. Did the call work?
    • If your device and carrier supports Wi-Fi calling, does activating it help the issue?




Was this helpful?
0 reviews
Print Article


Article ID: 1859
Thu 6/30/22 11:29 AM
Wed 9/20/23 1:46 PM

Related Services / Offerings (1)

At Northwestern, AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile and Verizon are the main cellular service providers serving the Chicago and Evanston campuses. Each carrier maintains cell towers across the campuses to provide service to their customers.